Choosing the right builder or renovator is an important factor in the success of your custom home, house addition, or renovation project. The right builder or renovator will have experience in the type of work you are looking to do. They will have the necessary licences and insurances. And they will be committed to continuing education and improving their business.
Inspire Homes has experience working with municipalities (for example Toronto, Etobicoke, North York, Caledon, Erin, King Township), regulating bodies (conservation authorities, Niagara Escarpment Commission), and building inspectors throughout the Greater Toronto Area and beyond. We have also represented homeowners at the Committee of Adjustment to obtain minor variances to zoning.
Inspire Homes is a member of RenoMark™ . Membership in Renomark™ is a sign of a reputable and reliable renovator.
A RenoMark™ Renovator will:
Provide a detailed, written contract and scope of work for all jobs
- Offer a minimum two-year warranty on all work (excludes minor home repair)
- Carry a minimum of $2 million liability insurance
- Have WSIB insurance where required and/or work with subcontractors who have WSIB
- Carry applicable licenses and permits
- Maintain a professional level of knowledge of current building codes, permit procedures, and technical skills through continuing education
- Maintain a safe and organized worksite
- Return phone calls within two business days
Tarion Warranty Corporation Registered Builder
Inspire Homes is a registered builder with Tarion Warranty Corporation (formerly Ontario New Home Warranty Program), and can legally build and sell new homes in Ontario.
When building a new home, it is important to choose a Tarion builder. Tarion registered builders offer a comprehensive government backed warranty on your new home, and they have the required building knowledge and financial resources to complete new home construction projects.
BILD & CHBA Member
Member of Building Industry and Land Development Association (formerly Greater Toronto Home Builders Association), and member of Canadian Home Builders Association.
National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) Member
The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) provides its members with resources and education to complete kitchen & bath projects that are both functional and attractive.
When you choose an NKBA member to complete your kitchen & bath project, you have the assurance of dealing with an individual committed to producing exceptional kitchens & baths.
Two Year Warranty
Inspire Homes provides a 2 year labour & material warranty. This exceeds what is offered by most builders & renovators.
Inspire Homes carries comprehensive $2 million liability insurance to protect homeowners.
Inspire Homes is insured with WSIB. WSIB provides insurance to injured workers, and avoids lawsuits.
Award Winner: Best Renovation, $75,000-$150,000 - 2009 BILD Renovation & Custom Building Awards.
10 Reasons to hire a RenoMark™ Renovator:
- RenoMark™ members believe in professionalism. They are committed to their industry and to their businesses and are willing to pay annual dues to keep informed and to help educate consumers as well.
- RenoMark™ members have legitimate business licences. They do not support the underground economy of renovators who avoid paying taxes and operate "fly-by-night" and "cash only" businesses.
- RenoMark™ members are informed. Information and education are important benefits of membership. Members are the first to know about changes in building codes, municipal requirements, health and safety regulations and more through our courses, information sessions, and communications program. The BILD GTA Renovator and Custom Builder Council meets monthly for industry updates and information exchange sessions.
- RenoMark™ members are "in-the-loop". It makes sense to hire a renovator that is part of an extensive home building and renovating industry network. Our members are in touch with manufacturers, suppliers, and experienced sub-contractors. They know what's new and where to get it.
- RenoMark™ members offer peace-of-mind. Joining the RenoMark program is your sign that a renovator is concerned about fair and honest quotes and reliable start and finish dates. They understand that keeping the lines of communication wide open is the key to a successful job.
- RenoMark™ members comply with the association's general code of ethics applicable to all members plus a renovation-specific code of conduct. It's all about integrity. RenoMark members believe in treating not only their clients appropriately, but also deal fairly with sub-contractors and employees.
- RenoMark™ members offer a wealth of advice. Put them to work for you in the planning stages of your renovation. RenoMark members can offer design and technical advice to achieve designs you may not have thought possible.
- RenoMark™ members take care of the details. Hiring a professional means that the details like ensuring all sub-contractors have Workers Safety and Insurance Board coverage, necessary approvals and permits are in place, and obtaining the appropriate insurance are not only taken care of, they are readily available to you for your assurance.
- RenoMark™ members offer a warranty. A contractor committed to professionalism will offer you the coverage you need. Under the table deals leave you no recourse - so make sure your renovator spells it out on paper.
- RenoMark™ members are part of the Canadian Home Builders' Association and BILD GTA - a crucial first step in knowing that you've hired a professional.